ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Friday, March 22, 2013

The truth and the 5

I am tripling my linky fun today!



First, for those who checked out my 2 truths and a lie from the acquainted linky, here is your info.
          1.  TRUE!  When I was in high school, I was on a dance team that competed in MD (where we I grew up), close by states like PA, and even Canada!  BUT, this was before passports were a big deal going from the US to Canada or the US to Mexico.  Pretty sure we just had to show a student ID.  My, how things have changed.

          2.  FALSE!  I wish I had done this....I really do love the humpback whale.  I have never gone whale watching.

          3.  TRUE!  My husband got his pilots license before his drivers license at 15.  He took me up in his acrobatic plane on our first date when we were 17.
______________________________________________________________________________


Well there you have it!  Thanks for playing along.  Here is the rest of the 5.

fiveforfriday



We have been working hard in the class to get our power point presentations on Endangered Animals completed and the kid's finished them, presented them to our 4th grade buddies on Wed, and today to their parents.  They did a great job!  They remembered all the hard words, and used loud (enough) voices.  Below I have my first ever screen shot!  I used a students work, but took out all names.  Each student had 10 slides to read.


___________________________________________________________________________

Total randomness...if you read my blog, you heard about my shoes falling to pieces....well here are my cool new spring shoes- love them!


________________________________________________________________________________

This was our first week back to school after spring break.  I think the week off was good for everyone.  The kiddos were making good choices, getting along well, and working hard.

________________________________________________________________________________

In phonics, we have been discussing dipthongs oi and oy.  I do this silly thing with them, where I say dipthong oi and oy- than I make the oy sound while I hit my head with the heal of my palm...like I made a mistake.  The other sounds of dipthongs ow and ou, is the hurting or pinching dipthong sounds.  We pretend to be hurt when we say the sound- ow.  They have a good time with the silly gestures and sounds, and they remember it!

Happy Friday everyone!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment