My Week #2
So this post is supposed to be about my plan to create a clutter-free class environment.
1. If I haven't used it in 2 years, get rid of it. This one might hurt, I am not good at letting go of stuff that I think "I might use another year, if I switch grades again." I don't hoard, but I certainly can't stand when I start a different grade/return to a grade and I got rid of something I bought and I used other years happily. BUT- I can do it!
2. Go through 7-10 files a week to get rid of unwanted extra papers and re-file in a binder or another more manageable and/or attractive way.
3. Be decisive about the management of each area in my room. If it feels like the area doesn't work-change/fix it!
4. If it is large and creates wasted space, get something smaller and more effective.
5. If it doesn't get used, get rid of it..
Well, there you have it. I am officially ready to get organizing. I will begin Monday! Pictures of some reorganized areas of the room to come next week.