ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Friday, July 31, 2015

Friday 5- Classroom Progress

Join in on the fun of the linky-
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]
Five for Friday for me today is going to be 5+ pictures/areas of work I have done instead of 5 separate pieces of information.

I have done as much as I can for now and will complete it near the beginning of next week I hope.  I start professional dvlpmt on Friday...so have to be as ready as possible.

Take a look at what I have been working tirelessly on....keep in mind...totally new room this year for me.  So there has been a lot of reorganizing and cleaning going on.

Door front:
 Library, still needs some bins- ran out of the blue ones:
 Word Wall, now has a title on it but didn't get the pic of that yet:
 I am expecting lots of help with volunteers this year and I want to be prepared for drop ins:
 Work turn in bins.  I got the cute editable dog themed stuff and the dismissal thing below from Clutter-Free Classroom.
 Dismissal organization:
 This is out in the hallway.  It is the only bb space I have to use in the hall.  It now has a title "We're Goofy About 1st Grade!"  I will put up some of the kid's first completed jobs on the board when we get rolling.  One of my parent helpers from the beginning of my teaching career painted this awesome Goofy for me.  Mrs. Allulis- she was so wonderful.
 This is my unfinished calendar area.  I am not totally happy with it.  I will probably redo some of it.
 This is my math manip area.  Phew, this took all day today.  I am obviously in need of some labels that I didn't realize I needed.  These cool labels are from Reagan Tunstall and I love them.  I still need to put clear packing tape over the tops of them because they are flappy on the bottoms.  The labels are bigger than the bins.
Well, it's a start.  I still have the word work area to get to, the math games/stations to do, then I also have 5 bazillion piles of paper to sort and file.
Well, off I go to try and have as much fun this weekend as possible!

3 comments:

  1. These are great photos - good luck with your back to school, your organization will be a huge help in making it very settled.
    Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula. Yes, lots of work before the year begins is my hope to create a more simplistic year of everything having a place and everything in its place!

      Delete
  2. Hi Amy,

    I happened to chance upon your blog and found it very interesting!

    We have recently launched a science app that uses augmented reality to enhance classroom teaching. The app has 3D models for kindergarten to grade 12. I thought you might want to check it out and may be review it on your blog, if possible.

    It is a paid app(with a few models free) but in case you are interested in trying it out I will be happy to provide you with a free copy.

    The link to the app is: 

    iPhone/iPad
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/augmenter-augmented-reality/id997354409?ls=1&mt=8

    android:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.augmented.android

    You can also search for the app on the app store as 'Augmenter'.

    Do let me know if you would be interested. I am really Looking forward to your response.

    happy teaching!

    Antara
    antara@augmenterapp.com
    http://augmenterapp.com/

    ReplyDelete