ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Dance Fan

Ok, this post is unrelated to teaching....feel free to ignore if you wish, just had to share my fun day!

I started dancing when I was 3.  I took a ballet and tap class.  My favorite part was the parasols we got to spin.  :)  My teacher's name was Mrs. Comb...yes, I still remember her name.  I immediately knew that dance was my thing.  If you know anything about dance....just like any other hobby/activity/sport it is costly and time consuming (costumes, classes, driving, etc).  Well, I didn't get to always dance.  I could do it sometimes.  Then by high school, I had done various styles and had many years of enjoying it.  I was on the drill team/dance team for 2 of my 4 years in high school (I wasn't allowed to do all 4- my mom and dad worked many hours).  I danced some in college and almost double majored (early childhood and dance) but it would've added a couple years to my undergrad....and I was not wishing to do that.
As an adult I was in and out of dance classes as I had time between working and life.  I have always loved dance.  I am not great at it, just love it.  Anyway, I am a big fan of all dance shows....and if you are too, the picture below will freak you out as much as it did me!!!

I had the opportunity to do Louis Van Amstel's dance/exercise class called LaBlast in ABQ.  He was awesome!  I had the best time and almost died...but I think I smiled the whole time.  He was super nice and let us all take pics with him.  It was a master class...but I haven't danced in a few years...hence the almost dying part.  I didn't care.  I heard he was coming and I signed up because I had to do it!  I mean how many times would I get that opportunity, right?!?!
Well all I have to say is, put yourself out there.  It is worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment