ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Conferences and 5 for Sunday

Well, this is a first, I am doing 5 for Friday on a Sunday.  Ha!
fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

Divider 1

Well, conferences are upon us at my school.  I have had 1 and most are tomorrow for me.  I have a half day of conferences on Tuesday, so the rest of my Tues I will be completely emptying my room's closet and organizing.  I LITERALLY can not go 2 steps into it and it's a big closet!  I know there are lots of great things hiding in there that I'd love to use.  When I started the year, I only had 3 days before school started to switch gears from thinking I was a 2nd grade teacher to a 1-2 combo.  All of a sudden, I had to get 2 sets of curriculum for everything....where does all that go....closet!!!!  So, I did the old shove into a closet trick.  I haven't had any time since then to get it organized.  So here is my opportunity.

I will take before and after pictures so you can see the mess go to marvelous.  Ha!  :)

Divider 2

This past week my 1st graders used a packet I created a while ago.  It can be found below and is free.  I know you don't need it now, but next year!!!
Thanksgiving Pilgrim Book
Divider 3
My second graders worked on the first Thanksgiving as well but in a more complex manner.  They learned about the Mayflower and what made it a difficult adventure as well as learned about the Wampanoag people.  
Both grades got to see a fun video about Thanksgiving on BrainPopJr.  If you don't already use this....you should!  This is my 1st year using it and the kids and I love it!  We think Moby is hilarious.  
Divider 4

We also like to use Discovery Ed and I found a fun video about Thanksgiving, a food drive, and the Pilgrims and Wampanoag people.  
Divider 5

I may not have 9 days off like most folks, but I have 3 and that is better than nothin'!  I am so excited about Wednesday.  I get to hang with just my 2 daughters.  We can have some much needed girl time.
I will also use that time off to plan for December.  I will be using my Unit 4 Math Menu packet to practice thermometer reading and measurement skills with my 1st graders.  
Math Menu 4

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I'm also cramming most of my conferences into Monday and half day Tuesday so I can get outta there!!! It's going to be tough because I am teaching and have to talk to 45 sets of parents about math & science grades! Yikes! Good luck on conferences and have a great break from school to hang with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teaching- your students don't have break on Mon and Tues? Thanks, good luck to you too!
      Have a great Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. Hi Amy,
    I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out at my blog.
    Katie
    Teaching Voracious Learners

    ReplyDelete