Ahhhh, summer. Nothin' like it.
Deanna Jump has a Summer Bucket List linky going on and I thought- I need to join in! She wrote exactly how I feel each summer. Great intentions of all the things you never have time for but you end up thinking and preparing for school instead of enjoying your summer. I always go on summer trips and those seem to be the only times I don't think and do for school. I am unable to!!!
So here is my wish list:
1. Spend as much time as possible with my 2 cute little girls.
2. Work on our patio in the backyard. We have already started, so my hopes are high that it will turn out beautiful!
3. Exercise again!!! I had to stop for awhile when I was letting my wrist heal. Sounds like an excuse but think about what happens if you fall...you catch yourself with your hands, which would have totally messed up my wrist. I do NOT want surgery again, so no exercise it was. I finally get to jog, lift weights, and do cardio again. I won't be dancing again until fall though. That one is still a bit scary for me. We catch ourselves a lot with our hands and bend our wrists in crazy ways.
I want to do another fun 5K, but the one I really want to do is in Sept. It is called Foam Fest. Talk about needing my wrist to be healed though!!! Check out the cool stuff you have to go through-
4. READ FOR FUN! I want to read this book...finally. I would love to get through the trilogy, but I bet I'll get through one book for fun this summer.
5. I want to make some body butter lotions. I love smelly lotions, but they are either good ingredients and pricey or yucky ingredients and cheap. So, I want to make my own! I am getting some essential oils using an Amazon gift card a parent gave me, wahoo! Love those gift cards!
6. Get my kids to be a part of the house cleaning regiment. They do ok picking up their stuff, but it is always after I get grumpy! I want it to become a routine for them.
7. We always do a lot of camping. This year we will meet up for our yearly family reunion in Jellystone Park near Estes Colorado. It should be fun!
8. My oldest is going to acting camp and pioneer camp this summer. We never do camps during the summer as I am home, but she is 10 and REALLY wanted to do it. So, we said...OK. The only problem is, my youngest will need to do some fun things while her sister goes to these 2 camps. So, I am trying to come up with as much fun stuff for her as possible.
9. Of course, get some swimming (and sliding) in at the pool.
10. I hope to meet up with friends. I am making plans to meet up with my blogger friend Melissa and another blogger this coming week.
Well, I sure have a lot of plans. I hope I get to it all. Enjoy your summer everyone!