ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sunshine Award

The very kind, Katie of Teaching Voracious Learners  nominated me for a Sunshie Award!

Thank you Katie.




There are four parts to the Sunshine Blogger Award:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world.
4. Make up 11 questions for your nominees to answer.


Random Facts
1. I like the colors turquoise and green.
2. I want chickens for my birthday this year.
3. I love to camp!!!!!!!!
4. My kids enjoy working on theater and film projects...mostly my oldest.  Coolest one we had connection to was Transcendence with Johnny Depp and Morgan Freeman.
5. I am a Disney-file/fanatic or whatever you might call it.  I LOVE the newest movie Frozen!
6. I know how to cook in a solar oven.
7. I love summer.
8. I grew up on a horse farm in MD.
9. The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie and Wicked is one of my favorite plays.
10. I am doing this post with all this.....
Yup, fun huh?! 
It's been a really crazy last week and a half.  I didn't break it, just had a minor wrist surgery.  What I didn't realize was that when I woke up I would have this and have to keep it for 3 wks!!!!  Oh well, it could be worse.  Just makes board writing and typing tricky.  :)

Katie's questions are:
1. If it was your birthday and you could do ANYTHING you want, what would it be?
Hang with my family some place warm.
2. What’s your #1 favorite book? 
Harry Potter series
3. If you could play any sport, what could it be?
Dance- I don't do sports.
4. Could you not watch TV for one month?
Yup.  Although I would want to catch up on my favorite shows later.
5. Who is your biggest role model in life?
My mom.
6. What are your nicknames? 
Amers or Aim....I already have a short name.
7. What did you want to do with your life when you were 7? 
Teach or be a prima ballerina
8. If you could have ANY superpower, what would it be?
The power to give myself more energy.
9. If you had to wear pants or a dress for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Pants
10. Why do you think there are SO many women teacher bloggers but not a lot of men?
Women talk sooooo much more.  
11. What or who made you want to teach or work with children?
My family always put great emphasis on education...and I've always loved kids.  They are just good fun!

11 Bloggers I nominate:
Those are all the NM Bloggers I am aware of.
8. Fluttering Through First (best products on TpT ever)
My 11 questions for the nominees to answer are (ok I copied Katie's questions):
1. If it was your birthday and you could do ANYTHING you want, what would it be?
2. What’s your #1 favorite book? 
3. If you could play any sport, what could it be?
4. Could you not watch TV for one month?
5. Who is your biggest role model in life?
6. What are your nicknames? 
7. What did you want to do with your life when you were 7? 
8. If you could have ANY superpower, what would it be?
9. If you had to wear pants or a dress for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
10. Why do you think there are SO many women teacher bloggers but not a lot of men?
11. What or who made you want to teach or work with children?

Thanks again Katie!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    I loved getting to know you better! I hope your wrist feels better and I loved your answer to number 10...too true!

    Katie

    Teaching Voracious Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination, Amy! Love you and all that you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and what do you think about going to the TPT conference together this summer? I was thinking we could get the hubbies to go with us and a make a fun vacay out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to nominate such a sweet lady. I would love to do the conf, but I don't think I will be able to. Other big trips going on- visiting family and such. It was a fun thought!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nomination! I hope your arm feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete