1. I enjoy when March arrives. There is always a ton of fun green things in the stores. It just so happens, green is my favorite color- well so is turquoise. But green is the first one I think of.
Since St. Patty's Day is coming this way fast, I am preparing for the event in my classroom. I have printed up my packet that is all about St. Patty's Day. Click the pic below to check it out on TpT.
2. We began researching endangered animals with our big 4th grade buddies.
We get their help to research one animal per child and learn a variety of facts about that animal using the libraries resources. It's always an enlightening and fun project. The students then create a Power Point presentation with the information they have gathered.
3. We loved Dr. Seuss week, which we did last week. Here is a pic of our healthy banana and strawberry snack. I also used the following items for Sam I Am juice (apple) and Hop on Pop- corn that we had. The Washi tape was used as a flag near the top of the straws. It made it look Thing 1 themed. The kids LOVED it!
4. My daughters have begun swimming lessons...it feels officially like Spring! It's really cool this year, my oldest uses the diving board- tentatively- every class. My youngest is now able to do unassisted back floats. Wow! Those are big steps for us. Neither of my kids have been amazing swimmers yet as we don't go that often. So, I am very proud of their progress.
5. Has anyone seen these earbuds before? They seem cool, but I am hesitant to buy them. They say they are safe for children as they don't allow the sound to go to a level that is too high for young eardrums. Click on the image and it will take you to Amazon to check it out. If you have gotten these before, please leave me a comment stating your opinion. I read the reviews on Amazon, but I'd like to hear a teacher's perspective. Thanks!
Have a great weekend!!!