ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Linking up with 5...

I am linking up with....



Well, it was a short and busy week.  We had to cram a lot of different things into a shorter period of time.  I was able to get some cute decorations on our bulletin board.  We met with our buddies last week (4th grade) and made snow globes.  I love this activity!  I forgot pictures, but here are the ones from last year.




I got the idea from a blog called Ginger Snaps for the Teacher- but if you click on the snow globe above, it will take you straight to the post about it.


The 5K I was going to run this weekend was cancelled.  :(

I found out fairly soon after signing up for it, so there went my motivation!!!

BUT, good news, I signed my daughters up for a community center's theatre acting lessons (which they LOVE).  During the 1.5 hrs they are having fun acting, I am using the community center's fitness center!!!!  It's pretty awesome too.  They have all sorts of fun equipment, but all I used are the stationary bike and treadmill.  I don't know how to use the other stuff yet, so I will have to figure them out next time.



The 100th Day is coming soon.  We are on day 90 right now and the kids are getting squirmy!!! They are super excited and can't wait for the fun to begin.

I use this product from Vicky Moore.
100th day of school - { celebrate in ROYALTY!! }

It's pretty cute and comprehensive.



We are working on measurement in math.  I use a packet I created to go along with the unit I am completing.  Click the picture below to check it out.  It includes temp practice, measurement, time and base-10 blocks.







My hubby made me a really fun coffee this morning!  I didn't even ask.  :)
He used stevia instead of sugar.  The whipped cream is soy (we are vegetarians/vegans) and soy creamer.  Yummy (for me)!  It's also NM pinon coffee from a local roaster.  If you haven't tried NM Pinon and you are coffee person, you may want to give it a try for fun.  It's really good.  Click the pic below to get to their website.  They have a variety of flavors too- my fav is Dulce de Leche.

Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! I found your blog on Five for Friday's list! I love your activities with snow globes- I did try that last year - I just remember they came apart easily- probably bought the wrong kind of plates! I am in the middle of measurement with second graders and here's their fav activity so far- we measured body parts- like their ears and smile. Then they drew themselves and labeled their measurements! It was super fun!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the trick with the globes is hot glue. I hot glued the plates onto the page for them. Otherwise, I don't think it would've held up.
      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete