ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 4 of the New Year Linky

Day 4 is about our Professional New Year.  Phew, this could potentially be a 3 hr long post...so I will streamline it down to 4 things.  Click below if you wish to join in the linky.



1.  I wish to write down more!  I need to improve my note taking skills.  I begin every year ready to go with note taking, but each year, I get busy and think I will remember all the details of all my students.  Well, if you are like me, you forget stuff.  I do everything I can to be the best teacher I can be, but sometimes I forget stuff.  I'm human.  So, I am reinvigorated to write more notes on my kiddos.  I even have my binder all organized and ready to go again.  Yay!

2.  I would love to go to a conference this summer.  I don't know if I am going to be able to swing it, but we'll see what I can work out.  I sure would love to go back to a Vegas conference.  Although, I don't like Vegas- the place.  I am a person who is very professional and a bit reserved- so Vegas creeps me out a ton, but I sure love all the amazing conferences they host.  I'd love to go to one about reading or math or even 1st grade in general.

3.  I continue to try hard to leave work at a reasonable hour!!!  My goal at the beginning of the school year was to get out by 4:30, which has proved to be hard.  I was doing great for awhile, but then October I failed a little, November I failed a bit more, and December I failed a lot!!!  I am cutting back on my 2 daughters' after school activities for this last 1/2 of the year.  I am hoping this will help me be more mindful of time and allow for more home time.  They are just doing 1 activity a week, until swimming begins in March.  Although by March, school and home don't feel so crazy for me.

4.  Grade faster!  I am working on getting papers graded right away.  I read on someone's blog (sorry forgot who) that they don't have a bin to turn in work to, as they have the kids hand it to them right away, they grade it, and then they hand it straight back.  I am not going to do that, but I will try to hurry it up and get work graded right away so I may return the work more quickly.

Well, that's enough for now.  I have a lot to think about and plan for, and hope to improve myself professionally, as we teachers are always doing.


3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Vegas, I've never been there but I am sure I wouldn't like the environment at all. I would love to attend the big conference there though, it looks amazing! Thanks so much for liking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I agree about Vegas. I loved the conference, enjoyed seeing show and walking to the fountains at the Bellagio. I could do without the many other things associated with being there! I found you through Blog Hoppin.

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete