ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Welcome!

I am a first grade teacher in the Albuquerque area.  I am happy to have my first post on a blog, ever!  I have been teaching in the Early Childhood ages for 9 years.  I love teaching.
 

I have been working hard in the area of math.  I am always looking for new and easy ways to differentiate for my students.  I recently created a math menu for the unit I was working on in Everyday Math.  I will try to place the unit below, but am not totally sure how to do that!
 
I have posted the math menu freebie on Teachers Pay Teachers in my store.  Click (here) if you wish to check it out.   
I use the menu for students to extend and practice the math skills covered in each unit.  This unit discusses time, money, sums of ten, and counting up and back on the number grid.  In my class, the children have math kit's that include many math related items.  The die needed for the number grid game, within the packet, is in their kit.
I hope you enjoy the menu and if you use it in your class please tell me about it. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment