ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Monday, October 15, 2012

Behavior Management Monday

The children are aware that it is getting closer to Halloween.  I came across a couple cute styrofoam Fall/Halloween themed items from the $1 section of Target.  I bought a large styrofoam spider and large styrofoam candy corn.  Anytime I felt a child was behaving well (sitting quietly, raising hand, working hard, helping others) I placed one of the items on their desk. They were allowed to have the item for about 5-10 minutes and then it had to leave for another student's desk.  It worked well, and the students were so excited to get one of the items on their desk.  This will be used until October is complete.  I found a very silly turkey hat for next month to use in the same way.  Although, I might not have them wear it- it might just sit on their desk.  I will post a picture of the candy corn and spider tomorrow.     

No comments:

Post a Comment