ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Summer... is so awesome!

Proud mama moment....has nothing to do with education (in the normal sense).......

Well, my kids have already "wrapped" on their first summer camp for this summer (it was acting camp).  They were able to do the Youth Actors Experience with Ron Weisberg at the JCC in ABQ.  My oldest did it last year too, but with different teachers.  This year was great.  Ron was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed themselves.  The extra fun part, they will screen the short movie created at the camp at the AFME (Albuquerque Film and Music Experience) on Saturday, June 6th.  If you live in the area and want to go enjoy some of the fun that AFME offers, click below.
AFME
There will be a number of big stars in attendance.  Should be fun.

Gabrielle (on the right) with a dear friend and actress also, Addison 
 The kids at the Wrap Party
 Gabrielle and Marky, both were in Kervanos (student film to premiere soon)
Click the link above to see the trailer.  She had a good time working with him again at camp.
From left to right: Audrianna (my youngest..with cookies), Gabrielle (my oldest) and 
Ron Weisberg (director and teacher)
Ok, I'll stop talking about my kids now.  :)

Next....
On to education, sort of, classroom stuff.  Sooo, I am moving classrooms this year.  All my stuff had to be moved in about a day.  Several others in the school were doing the same thing.  So, we all jumped in to help each other, as did many of our own children.  It was great.  The rooms got moved so much faster with all the help.  BUT, here is what my new room looked like right after my stuff got moved.


Yikes, right?!?!

I have been working on it for about 4 days now.  I have moved furniture, cleaned out cabinets and begun organizing in a way that works for me.  I am close to finished with it, in the means of summer storage, not set for the school year though.

I will show after pics when I get there.  Probably in about a month!!!!  I hope to get some paper up on the walls so I can quickly put up bulletin boards for the year in late July.  Soooo much to do.  I have a list going, but it keeps getting longer, not shorter.  Anyone else have that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment