ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Veterans Day bulletin board


Here is how I used the dog tags from my Veterans Day mini-unit that I have available as a freebie on TpT.  I had the children draw a sketched (pencil) self portrait.  I had them make sure they drew nice big heads and then a neck and shoulders below.  Then they traced in black markers the drawing.  The following day we colored in great detail the self portraits and cut them out.  The kids cut out, wrote on, and strung the dog tags onto string.  Then they gave the necklace and heads to me.  I stapled the necklace onto the neck areas so that they dangle off the children's necks on the bulletin board.  The bulletin boarder is from the Dollar Tree (patriotic for election day) and the extra decor of flags, stars, and flag decorated balloons is also Dollar Tree.  The banner is from a freebie I found from "What's the Buzz in First" USA Pennant Banner.

I LOVE the way the heads turned out, they are so cute.

If you wish to download the dog tags, click {HERE}. 

Thank you to those who serve and who have served.  We (my students, my coworkers, and myself) appreciate your service!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment