ETA Hand2Mind

You Can Count on Rekenreks

Friday, July 1, 2016

Hogwarts 5 for Friday

Hey everyone!  Click the link below to join in the fun of Five for Friday by Doodle Bugs Teaching.

 

I'm doing a bit of a flash back.  I never posted about our end of the year party back in May.
My class celebrated with our End of the Year STEM party.  It was themed Harry Potter/Hogwarts.
We had the following stations:
*Caramel sorting hat creation
*Gringott's Bank vault trolley engineering
*Potions class
*Diagon Alley math/buying of items





My last day was May 25th.  It's been a month of break so far, and now I have about 5 weeks left before we begin our PD.  I have a lot to do in the room.
I left my room a disaster!  I will start working on that fun stuff in awhile but for right now I am organizing a planner I won from Sheila Jane Teaching.  If you don't know who she is... check out iteachtvnetwork.com .  She is a Teach Happy guru!  Being a Teach Happy Member, I find I am thinking about things differently lately.  If you need to re-establish or find your happier teacher-self, check it out.



The last week of school in May, I did a special surprise Pirate Day!  I wanted to send them off with one last "hurrah" of a theme.  It was so much fun!



I am working on the Professional Development presentation that I will do for the staff at my school, in regards to Ron Clark Academy.  There is so much information to organize.  So much that is hard to express in words.  I will have it completed by the end of July, as that is when I will share it with my principal.  Wish me luck in finding the right words and ways to make the impact that I feel is so necessary for the information I learned.


Anyone know about Meow Wolf?  It is the craziest "museum" place ever.  I don't know how to explain it, so go look at pictures {HERE} to get an idea.  Our family loved it!!!
Have a fabulous weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. That planner looks awesome. I'll have to check it out. Good luck with your presentation! I'm sure you'll do great!

    Jordan
    Team J's Second Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your presentation! Your blog posts about RCA were great so I know you will do an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete