I was able to meet up with Melissa Cloud from A Teaspoon of Teaching. We had a fun time chatting about teacher "stuff" and eating some yummy food. I had a giant pile of french toast covered in fluffy whipped cream. I forgot to take a pic of it before I ate it, oops! We talked about our schools and what we enjoy doing in our spare time (Ha, ha- what spare time?!?!). We chatted about our families. I am glad we met up and took time out of our schedules to get to know each other. We plan on doing it again.
Wow, what a busy week. The first week of school is done for me and boy am I exhausted. I am trying very hard to keep on top of all things at school that tend to take me forever (prep time and grading). So far, so good. I had hoped to be on top of my house work as well, but not so good, so far. Booo!
I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for another installment of...
1. I have noticed all the hub-bub about the Erin Condren planners. They look very neat, but I was a procrastinator and did not think about ordering until it was too late for me. Sooo, I went to the teacher store in town and got one there. I actually am very happy with it. It is cute and has room for everything. I only wish it had tabs so I could flip to each part easily. I will probably end up adding some for myself.
2. My girls had a great first week back to school! They both decided the back to school hair cut would be a big CHOP to their hair. This was not easy for me to say yes to. BUT, it is their hair. So, there are some new hair styles this year for my precious girls.
3. I used a cute frog word wall freebie from the lovely Amy Marshall from The Resource(ful) Room. It also has Daily 5 posters and bulletin items. I love it and it turned out very cute. Thanks Amy!
I took these pics in a hurry, so I ended up with a lot of my "beautiful" lights in it. I don't know about you, but I have never liked school lights. So... institutional. Although, I should not complain because I have a huge and lovely window in my room.
4. I do not like wasting time. I am sure you agree with that statement. I use a trick each year that I learned from my amazing teammates from the past few years. I go through my entire planner and use teeny tiny labels to plot my enrichments for each week for the entire year. It saves time and writing. Our fabulous front office -woman of many hats- prints the labels for me. I just have to put them in my planner using my printed out schedule for the school year.
5. I will be meeting up today with the sweet Melissa Cloud from-
We are having a bloggy breakfast meet up in ABQ, where we both live. Although, technically I am an East Mountain girl. I say I am from ABQ because I am there all the time for work and everything else. I will post some pics tomorrow and tell you all about our fun! I am excited to meet her. I am also excited that we are meeting up at Flying Star, yummy!
Happy Sunday everyone! I am hosting a New Mexico Bloggy Meet Up in the Albuquerque area. The sweet Melissa Cloud from
will be joining me. I hope you can too! Please comment below and be sure to leave your email, if you are in the NM area and wish to join us for a fun meeting. I will email the details so you may join us. I know it's monsoons right now, but it will be all blue skies while we chat about NM teaching!
Feels like forever since I've linked up with Doodle Bugs for their Friday 5 (on a Saturday)! I am trying to get back in the swing, so here goes....
I am getting close to having my house totally organized and purged of all extra "junk" that we don't need/want/use. Just in time for school!!!
I have been cutting, gluing, and sending items in for laminating for days now. I will post a pic of all the fun things I purchased and will be placing on my walls from TpT and blogs very soon. I can't wait to show you what cute things I am lucky enough to have found from all the great bloggers out there.
Soooo, not sure how it snuck up as I kept telling August to go away, but here we are.
Join in with the fabulous Farley here-
Loving: I have been working hard on my room, all week in fact. I took "before" and "not quite done, but almost" pictures.
Thinking: With the start of school comes less time with my babies. I have 2 girls who are not babies, but they are MY babies. I will miss them while I am working, even though I see them on the playground sometimes and walking to enrichments sometimes. I still don't get to just sit and snuggle with them willy-nilly. Sigh.
Needing: Every summer I make all new hairbows for my kids to use for each holiday/special occasion/or just because. They love telling people I made them and I love that they wear them!
B2S: I love sharpies. Nuff said. Organization and time go hand in hand. I want to be so ridiculously organized this year, more than usual. This way I will have more time for family. I spend way too much of my family time, that I will never get back, working. I need to have more balance. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? Anyone feel totally great at this?